Sticky Date Pudding
•Dates,pitted and chopped 1 cup
•Soda bicarbonate 1/2 teaspoon
•Brown sugar 1/2 cup
•Butter 90 grams
•Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
•Refined flour (maida) 1 cup
*1 cup brown sugar
*1 cup cream
*1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2.Take the dates in a bowl, add soda bicarbonate and one cup of boiling water and set aside to soften.
3. Take sugar in a bowl, add butter and blend with a hand blender till fluffy.
4. Add vanilla essence and mix.
5. Break eggs into the bowl and continue to blend. Add refined flour and mix.
6. Add the dates along with the water and blend some more.
7. Carefully fold through sifted flour, divide mixture evenly between the moulds , until 2/3 full.
8. Place moulds in a baking tray, carefully pour water in tray until it comes up 1/3 of the side of the moulds. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean.
For the butterscotch sauce:
1. Combine butter, sugar, cream and vanilla in small saucepan over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring sauce to the boil, reduce heat and cook for 5-6 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
Invert the hot pudding onto a serving plate, top with butterscotch sauce and shards of praline.
enjoy with a scope of vanilla ice cream .