*One 25-calorie packet hot cocoa mix (like Swiss Miss Diet or Nestlé Fat Free)
*Half of an 18.25-oz. box (about 1 3/4 cups) moist-style devil’s food cake mix
*1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
*1 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated) or granulated sugar
*1/8 tsp. salt
*1/4 cup Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
*1 tsp. light vanilla soymilk
*1 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
*12 mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a tall glass, combine cocoa mix with 2 oz. hot water. Stir until cocoa dissolves. Add 6 oz. cold water and stir well. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg substitute, sweetener, and salt. Add the hot cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth.
4. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among the cups.
5. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. To make the glaze, put marshmallow creme in a small dish. Add soymilk and mix well.
7. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, drizzle marshmallow glaze over them. Top each cupcake with 1/4 tsp. chocolate chips and 1 mini marshmallow.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
MAKES 12 SERVINGS