Vegetable oil cooking spray
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup whole milk
3 table spoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces solid semisweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place eight 6- ounces (3 1/2 – inch diameter) ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet, and coat with cooking spray, set aside.
2. Stir flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer.
3. Attach bowl to mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add egg, milk, oil, vanilla extract and ¼ cup of water, mix on medium low speed until smooth and combined, about 3 minutes
4. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared ramekins.
5. Bake until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. About 20 minutes.
6. Transfer to wire rack; let cool completely to unmold.
7. Trim each cake to 1 inch. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut eight 10 3/4 by 4 inch strips of parchment paper.
8. Wrap a parchment collar around base of each cake keeping bottom flush with baking sheet. Secure each collar with tape. Set aside.
9. Transfer bittersweet chocolate mousse to a large pastry bag fitted with a large round tip.
Pipe a 1 inch layer of mousse into each parchment collar.
10. Refrigerate until mousse is set. About 20 minutes. Repeat with milk chocolate mousse. Refrigerate at least 4 hours up to overnight.
11. Microwave semisweet chocolate until slightly warm; not melted about 30 seconds. Scrap at 45 degree angle with a vegetable peeler, forming curls. Garnish with chocolate curls.