Sweet Potato Parmesan Tater Tots.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Yield: about 36 tater tots and 1/2 cup sauce
Sweet Potato Tater Tots:
*3 (about 1 1/2 pounds) medium sweet potatoes
*2 tablespoons butter, melted or softened
*3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon pepper
*2 (6-7 ounce bag) cups sweet potato chips crumbs
Spicy Sriracha Ketchup:
*1/2 cup ketchup
*2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chili sauce)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with fork. Bake directly on the rack until tender, 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
2. Once cool use your hands to peel away the sweet potatoes skin. It should just easily slip off.
3. Place the potatoes in a medium size bowl and mash with the butter. Stir in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and place the sweet potato chip crumbs (I recommend pulsing the chips in your food processore, you want fine crumbs, like bread crumbs) in a shallow bowl.
5. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture into you hand and roll into a cylinder. The sweet potato mixture will be wet, but this is fine. The shape does not need to be perfect and you can fix it once you have rolled them in the chips.
6. Roll the sweet potatoes in the chips and coat well. If you need to re-shape the cylinders do so now. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all of the sweet potato mixture is gone.
7. Spray the tater tots with cooking spray and then sprinkle with more parmesan cheese if desired (do this!).
8. Bake for 15 minutes and flip the the tater tots over and bake another 10-15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
9. Remove from oven and serve immediately with the spicy sriracha ketchup.
10. To make the spicy sriracha ketchup combine the ketchup and the sriracha in a small bowl.