Original recipe makes 1 – 9×13 inch or 2 – 9 inch round pans
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups white sugar
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup strong brewed coffee
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1/2 c margarine
*2oz melted unsweetened chocolate , cooled
*3c powdered sugar
*2tsp real vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans or one 9×13 inch pan.
2. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the centre
3. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans.
4. Pour the batter into one 9×13 inch or two 9 inch round pans
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.
6. Combine frosting ingredients and mix it with hands or a mixer and spread it on the cooled cakes.