Low carb gluten free carrot cake recipe
Makes 12 servings
*1-1/2 cups Ideal whole sugar blend
*1/2 cup Ideal brown sugar replacement
*1 cup vegetable oil
*3 large eggs
*1.5 cups coarse ground almond flour
*½ cup flax seed meal
*1 tsp baking soda
*1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
*1/2 tsp nutmeg
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*3 cups medium-finely shredded carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease (or use a nonstick) a 9X13 pan.
3. Mix sugars, oil and egg for a minute on medium with a mixer or by hand. Add the rest of the ingredients, one at a time, and mix until well blended.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
5. Can be made the night before and allowed to rest to mellow flavors.
6. Frost with cream cheese frosting prior to serving, if desired.
Nutritional Information for each serving (minus frosting):
Calories: 284 calories
Carbohydrates: 18 carbs
Fiber/SA: 11 carbs
Net carbohydrates: 6.5 net carbs